Starbucks changes free app downloads program
Starbucks has announced a change to its iTunes Pick of the Week program. Previously, the program offered cards in stores with a redemption code for an app, song, book or TV show. Customers could take a card and redeem an iTunes code on back for the free giveaway. The updated program will let customers download free iTunes media from its iOS app.
As The Mac Observer points out, the change caused confusion yesterday. Many thought the in-app download meant the in-store cards were going to be done away with. Not so, according to a Starbucks spokesperson who told TMO, "Instead of one free iTunes download each week, Starbucks customers get two. One from the printed cards, and one from our mobile app."
That means customers can get two free downloads per week from Starbucks now. One through the in-store codes printed on cards and the other directly through the Starbucks app. The app-based giveaways kicks off with Angry Birds Star Wars. Not a bad choice for your inaugural giveaway.
Starbucks for iPhone is a free download.
Starbucks has announced a change to its iTunes Pick of the Week program. Previously, the program offered cards in stores with a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free