iMac G3 on a 1998 episode of Computer Chronicles
Computer Chronicles aired on PBS during the '80s and '90s and tracked the rise of the personal computer. Not surprisingly, Apple was often featured on the program. We've stumbled upon one episode that Apple users may find interesting.
The 1998 episode kicks off with a look the new iMac G3, one of Apple's big comeback devices. It was launched under the leadership of Steve Jobs and was designed by Jonny Ive. Its rounded look and colorful design was a big leap from Apple's earlier beige and blocky machines. Apple's removal of the floppy drive in the iMac G3 also caused quite a stir.
You can watch the full 30-minute episode in the YouTube video embedded below. It's filled with notable moments, including a look at OS 8.5 and the Power Macintosh G3. There's also a cameo by Dave Reynolds from MacAddict, too!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app