iMac G3 on a 1998 episode of Computer Chronicles
Computer Chronicles aired on PBS during the '80s and '90s and tracked the rise of the personal computer. Not surprisingly, Apple was often featured on the program. We've stumbled upon one episode that Apple users may find interesting.
The 1998 episode kicks off with a look the new iMac G3, one of Apple's big comeback devices. It was launched under the leadership of Steve Jobs and was designed by Jonny Ive. Its rounded look and colorful design was a big leap from Apple's earlier beige and blocky machines. Apple's removal of the floppy drive in the iMac G3 also caused quite a stir.
You can watch the full 30-minute episode in the YouTube video embedded below. It's filled with notable moments, including a look at OS 8.5 and the Power Macintosh G3. There's also a cameo by Dave Reynolds from MacAddict, too!
Computer Chronicles aired on PBS during the '80s and '90s and tracked the rise of the personal computer. Not surprisingly, Apple was...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements