New Prince of Persia on the way to iOS this summer
Here's a nice blast from the past: Ubisoft has announced new Prince of Persia game, which is a remake of the second title in the series, made specifically for smartphones and tablets. Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame is being remade as a 2.5D action title -- it seems to feature the same basic levels as the 1993 original, but the graphics are all completely updated, and there are going to be some new gameplay elements as well.
It looks like a lot of fun, as you can see in the trailer below. The game's being developed by Ubisoft Pune, and it'll have either virtual sticks or tap-to-move controls, depending on your choice. The game's also designed to be more accessible, which will be nice for those of us that weren't very good at the games back in 1993. But if you want a challenge, Ubisoft says, there will be timers on all the levels, so you can try to complete them as quickly as possible if you want.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features