Troll Touch readies touch screens for slim iMacs
Troll Touch has been manufacturing after-market touch screens for Apple computers for years. Now, the company has added the latest slim iMac to its list of supported devices.
You can get a resistive overlay that's self-installed or have the folks at Troll Touch install a built-in touchscreen on either the 21.5- and 27-inch iMac. Troll Touch is an authorized Apple service provider, and can perform in-warranty repairs on iMacs with the factory-installed touchscreen.
Years ago when I worked at a school, we had several machines with Troll Touch screens, both the overlays and the in-machine units. The latter are better suited in environments where the kids might remove the screens, of course.
Pricing on the user-installed model was unavailable as of this writing, but the factory-installed option will run you US$995 for the 21.5-inch model and $1,295 for the 27-inch iMac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV