TRVL celebrates 100 magazines, 1 million app installs
I love traveling, so back in September 2010 when Jochem Wijnands and Michel Elings came out with the first-ever iPad-exlusive magazine called TRVL, I jumped on the bandwagon as a fan of their amazing photojournalism. Fast-forward to April 2013, and the free app magazine is celebrating its 100th issue and over 1 million app installs.
To celebrate, the 100th issue of TRVL is a special edition about Timothy Allen, a former BBC and Human Planet photographer. The issue features 40 of Allen's most amazing images, and he talks about his career and life as a professional photographer.
Within a few months, Wijnands and Elings expect to unveil their magazine publishing platform, Prss. Here's hoping that the duo is as successful in creating more magazine startups as they've been with TRVL.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options