AppGratis petition gathers hundreds of thousands of supporters
Last week, TUAW ran several stories about app-discovery and deals app AppGratis being pulled from the iOS App Store for alleged violations of Apple's developer guidelines. Now the developer is gathering online signatures to a petition in hopes that they can sway Apple to reconsider its ban of AppGratis.
As of about 2 PM EDT today, the company had grabbed over 622,000 emails of support and the number is growing rapidly. Whether or not Apple will respond to the outside pressure is another matter; AppGratis reports that the company refuses to talk to them.
If you're one of the over 12 million AppGratis users and would like to see the app set free, visit save.appgratis.com to add your voice to the petition.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements