AppGratis petition gathers hundreds of thousands of supporters
Last week, TUAW ran several stories about app-discovery and deals app AppGratis being pulled from the iOS App Store for alleged violations of Apple's developer guidelines. Now the developer is gathering online signatures to a petition in hopes that they can sway Apple to reconsider its ban of AppGratis.
As of about 2 PM EDT today, the company had grabbed over 622,000 emails of support and the number is growing rapidly. Whether or not Apple will respond to the outside pressure is another matter; AppGratis reports that the company refuses to talk to them.
If you're one of the over 12 million AppGratis users and would like to see the app set free, visit save.appgratis.com to add your voice to the petition.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service