YouTube for iOS gets a major update
The YouTube iOS app was updated today to version 1.3, adding a variety of new and improved features.
According to the update notes listed in the App Store, version 1.3 brings these new features:
- Quick access to new uploads for subscriptions via "My Subscriptions" feed on the Guide.
- Access to Live streams.
- Queue up videos to play on TV.
- One Channel branding for video creator channels.
- Stability and performance improvements.
This is the first major update to the YouTube app since the end of February, when Send to TV and the ability to record and upload video via YouTube Capture were added.
Access to live streams and better branding for creators means YouTube is an even more attractive destination for content creators.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype