Mailbox app does away with reservation system
Users still waiting in line for access to the task manager/email client Mailbox will be happy to hear that the app's reservation system is no more. Orchestra announced yesterday that the waiting system has been eliminated thanks to its engineers optimizing the service's load to managable levels. Here's what the company said in a blog posting announcing the end of the reservation system:
Good news! Mailbox is now available without having to wait in line. After 10 weeks of around-the-clock hard work, our engineering team has scaled the Mailbox service to deliver over 100 million messages per day (and growing). We believe we can now confidently handle new users as they sign up, so we've pulled down the reservation system.
There's also a new version of Mailbox in the App Store with lots of little bits of goodness, from faster swiping to smarter snoozes.
Thanks to our amazing users for the oodles of emails and tweets with valuable feedback -- we're so grateful you've taken the time to share your thoughts and help us track down issues.
We'll continue to use your feedback to shape the product -- together we're making Mailbox better and better.
Mailbox is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync