Pocket updates its iOS and Mac app with new 'Send to Friend' sharing feature
Pocket's latest version has a completely redesigned Share menu that includes a "Send to Friend" feature. This option lets you share content directly within the app using just a few taps. You can add a comment or include a highlighted quote from the article in a message that will be sent out to your friends or family. The recipient(s) will receive an email with a link to your content and a notification within Pocket if they have the app installed on their device. Also part of this new feature is an inbox that stores content that is shared with you.
Pocket also announced today that its users save more than 35 million items per month, and its network of developers and publishers has grown to almost 12,000.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows