Verizon activates 4M iPhones in the quarter, split evenly between 3G and 4G models
Verizon reported its earnings for the opening quarter of 2013 and announced that it activated 4 million iPhones. This figure is up year-over year, but down from the previous quarter which saw 6.2 million iPhone activations. This decline is expected as sales generally fall in the first quarter of the year. Within the 4 M iPhone activations, Verizon confirmed that 2 million were 4G LTE models (iPhone 5) and 2 million were 3G only models (iPhone 4/4S).
Overall, the wireless carrier activated 7.2 million smartphones in the quarter, 5.9 million of which were 4G LTE compatible. Smartphone ownership has reached an all-time high with over 61 percent of the carrier's postpaid subscriber base now using smartphones.
You can read more about Verizon's earnings on the carrier's investor relations website.
Verizon reported its earnings for the opening quarter of 2013 and announced that it activated 4 million iPhones. This figure is up...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free