Verizon activates 4M iPhones in the quarter, split evenly between 3G and 4G models
Verizon reported its earnings for the opening quarter of 2013 and announced that it activated 4 million iPhones. This figure is up year-over year, but down from the previous quarter which saw 6.2 million iPhone activations. This decline is expected as sales generally fall in the first quarter of the year. Within the 4 M iPhone activations, Verizon confirmed that 2 million were 4G LTE models (iPhone 5) and 2 million were 3G only models (iPhone 4/4S).
Overall, the wireless carrier activated 7.2 million smartphones in the quarter, 5.9 million of which were 4G LTE compatible. Smartphone ownership has reached an all-time high with over 61 percent of the carrier's postpaid subscriber base now using smartphones.
You can read more about Verizon's earnings on the carrier's investor relations website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter