Chitika's March Tablet Update shows iPad usage share rising, still dominating competition
Chitika, the online advertising network, has released its latest Chikita Insights usage share data report for tablets for the March 2013 period.
According to the company, based on US and Canadian tablet ad impressions running through the Chitika Ad Network, the iPad still overwhelmingly dominates web traffic on tablets, at 81.9 percent. In fact, the iPad has seen its first month-on-month growth in web traffic share since December, 2012, a 1.4 percent basis points increase since February. Chitika partially attributes this growth to Apple selling refurbished fourth-generation iPad and iPad minis at a discount beginning in mid-March, 2013.
Android tablets unsurprisingly dominates what's left. The Kindle Fire comes in second at 7.1 percent, Samsung Galaxy Tablets third at 4.3 percent and Google Nexus tablets fourth at 1.7 percent. Interestingly, Microsoft's Surface tablet only took 0.4 percent of tablet web traffic and the defunct HP TouchPad took 0.1 percent.
The full Chitika report is available on the company's website here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update