TweetDeck Air and TweetDeck for iPhone will be discontinued on May 7
Earlier this year, Twitter announced it was sunsetting TweetDeck AIR, TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iPhone sometime in May. Today, the company updated its original blog post and confirmed that the apps will be removed from their respective App Stores and will stop functioning on May 7. The OS X and PC versions of TweetDeck will continue to function for the foreseeable future. On that same date, Twitter is also removing support for Facebook from all its TweetDeck apps.
When the company announced these changes, Twitter said it was discontinuing its app support to focus on TweetDeck web experience. TweetDeck claims an increasing number of people are using TweetDeck on their computer and Twitter on their iPhone. TweetDeck also noted that its Air, Android and iPhone apps rely on version 1.0 of Twitter's API, which is now retired. TweetDeck likely didn't want to invest time and money into upgrading these apps when usage rates were declining.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature