TweetDeck Air and TweetDeck for iPhone will be discontinued on May 7
Earlier this year, Twitter announced it was sunsetting TweetDeck AIR, TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iPhone sometime in May. Today, the company updated its original blog post and confirmed that the apps will be removed from their respective App Stores and will stop functioning on May 7. The OS X and PC versions of TweetDeck will continue to function for the foreseeable future. On that same date, Twitter is also removing support for Facebook from all its TweetDeck apps.
When the company announced these changes, Twitter said it was discontinuing its app support to focus on TweetDeck web experience. TweetDeck claims an increasing number of people are using TweetDeck on their computer and Twitter on their iPhone. TweetDeck also noted that its Air, Android and iPhone apps rely on version 1.0 of Twitter's API, which is now retired. TweetDeck likely didn't want to invest time and money into upgrading these apps when usage rates were declining.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter