TweetDeck Air and TweetDeck for iPhone will be discontinued on May 7
Earlier this year, Twitter announced it was sunsetting TweetDeck AIR, TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iPhone sometime in May. Today, the company updated its original blog post and confirmed that the apps will be removed from their respective App Stores and will stop functioning on May 7. The OS X and PC versions of TweetDeck will continue to function for the foreseeable future. On that same date, Twitter is also removing support for Facebook from all its TweetDeck apps.
When the company announced these changes, Twitter said it was discontinuing its app support to focus on TweetDeck web experience. TweetDeck claims an increasing number of people are using TweetDeck on their computer and Twitter on their iPhone. TweetDeck also noted that its Air, Android and iPhone apps rely on version 1.0 of Twitter's API, which is now retired. TweetDeck likely didn't want to invest time and money into upgrading these apps when usage rates were declining.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs