TweetDeck Air and TweetDeck for iPhone will be discontinued on May 7
Earlier this year, Twitter announced it was sunsetting TweetDeck AIR, TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iPhone sometime in May. Today, the company updated its original blog post and confirmed that the apps will be removed from their respective App Stores and will stop functioning on May 7. The OS X and PC versions of TweetDeck will continue to function for the foreseeable future. On that same date, Twitter is also removing support for Facebook from all its TweetDeck apps.
When the company announced these changes, Twitter said it was discontinuing its app support to focus on TweetDeck web experience. TweetDeck claims an increasing number of people are using TweetDeck on their computer and Twitter on their iPhone. TweetDeck also noted that its Air, Android and iPhone apps rely on version 1.0 of Twitter's API, which is now retired. TweetDeck likely didn't want to invest time and money into upgrading these apps when usage rates were declining.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs