Google launches new Places for Business iPhone app
Google has launched a new Places for Business app for iPhone and iPod touch. It's an extension of the Places for Business web service that allows business owners to manage their business across Google's search, maps and Google+ services. Here's a rundown of what Places for Business offers:
- Verify your business listing directly from your phone.
- Update your business information: hours, address, contact information and description.
- Post beautiful pictures of your business on your local Google+ page.
- Track web traffic going to your listing.
- Manage multiple business locations from one app.
The app is handy because it untethers business owners from their PCs and allows them to make important listing changes from anywhere. Since the app also integrates with the iPhone's camera features, users can snap new pics of their business and upload them to their Google+ page quickly.
Places for Business is a free download in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration