'Lennon Educational Tour Bus' organization uses Macs to teach kids music production
John Lennon's Lennon Educational Tour Bus is a non-profit, state-of-the-art mobile audio and HD video recording studio. For the last 16 years, the bus has provided youth with tours of the studio as well as free songwriting and multimedia-production classes. The bus has three on-board engineers who teach students writing, performing, recording and producing their own original songs, as well as producing and shooting broadcast quality music videos, in a single day.
Thanks to sponsorships from Apple and other leading companies in the tech and production world, participants are able to work with professional-quality gear and computers in their educational pursuits.
The tour has its own official iPhone app featuring news, tour dates and videos and pictures from the bus.
You can find some of the videos produced on the bus on its YouTube page. Below you can watch a composition/video called "The Sound of Peace" by the students of the Academy of Contemporary Music in Oklahoma City, featuring Steven Drozd of the Flaming Lips.
John Lennon's Lennon Educational Tour Bus is a non-profit, state-of-the-art mobile audio and HD video recording studio. For the last...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype