FedEx Mobile app adds Delivery Manager feature
Those of us who are on a first-name basis with our FedEx delivery person have a new reason to be happy with the company's iOS app today. FedEx has added a new Delivery Manager feature allowing customized delivery options -- even letting you sign for packages from within the app.
If you have an existing FedEx account or sign up for a new one from within the app, you're eligible to sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This provides a way to schedule deliveries, give your FedEx driver instructions for pending deliveries or sign for packages while you're away.
Some of the delivery options available to users include delivering to another address (like sending a package to a friend's house while you're out of town), scheduling a vacation hold or having your package held at a local FedEx location.
At this point, Delivery Manager is only available for residential deliveries in the US. You can sign up for the service here, although the system was crashing like a Texas driver on snowy streets this morning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free