FedEx Mobile app adds Delivery Manager feature
Those of us who are on a first-name basis with our FedEx delivery person have a new reason to be happy with the company's iOS app today. FedEx has added a new Delivery Manager feature allowing customized delivery options -- even letting you sign for packages from within the app.
If you have an existing FedEx account or sign up for a new one from within the app, you're eligible to sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This provides a way to schedule deliveries, give your FedEx driver instructions for pending deliveries or sign for packages while you're away.
Some of the delivery options available to users include delivering to another address (like sending a package to a friend's house while you're out of town), scheduling a vacation hold or having your package held at a local FedEx location.
At this point, Delivery Manager is only available for residential deliveries in the US. You can sign up for the service here, although the system was crashing like a Texas driver on snowy streets this morning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service