FedEx Mobile app adds Delivery Manager feature
Those of us who are on a first-name basis with our FedEx delivery person have a new reason to be happy with the company's iOS app today. FedEx has added a new Delivery Manager feature allowing customized delivery options -- even letting you sign for packages from within the app.
If you have an existing FedEx account or sign up for a new one from within the app, you're eligible to sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager. This provides a way to schedule deliveries, give your FedEx driver instructions for pending deliveries or sign for packages while you're away.
Some of the delivery options available to users include delivering to another address (like sending a package to a friend's house while you're out of town), scheduling a vacation hold or having your package held at a local FedEx location.
At this point, Delivery Manager is only available for residential deliveries in the US. You can sign up for the service here, although the system was crashing like a Texas driver on snowy streets this morning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync