iPhone 4 'AntennaGate' settlement checks now arriving
The US$15 "AntennaGate" settlement checks have started arriving for qualifying iPhone 4 users. The checks are a settlement for those who filed a claim in a class action lawsuit against Apple for "misrepresenting and concealing material information in the marketing, advertising, sale and servicing of its iPhone 4 -- particularly as it relates to the quality of the mobile phone antenna and reception and related software."
One reader told us, "My $15 Apple iPhone4 AntennaGate settlement check came today. It has been so long I forgot what it was for and had to look it up." The reason for the delay, however, was because though AntennaGate happened with the release of the iPhone 4 in 2010, the lawsuit was not settled until February 2012. Claimants have until July 16 to cash their checks. If you did not file a claim previously, you can no longer do so.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature