Anomaly 2 coming May 15
11 Bit Studios has announced that Anomaly 2 now has an official release date. The game will be available for the Mac (along with Windows and Linux) on May 15. Anomaly is, of course, a popular iOS game these days, though the series started on the PC and it's returning there for the sequel. Previously, the game was available through a "secret pre-order," but there's a new bonus for a regular pre-order right now: If you get the game before it comes out for US$14.99, you can get a second copy to give to a friend for free.
The new version of the "tower offense" series has more levels, more units and more power-ups to play with, as you guide your troops in and around alien towers on a multitude of levels. The game also adds multiplayer into the mix, where one player can control units, and a second player can lay down towers, each trying to collect the most resources before the game ends.
Anomaly 2 looks like a lot of fun, and there's even a new trailer to prove it. We'll look forward to the game's release on May 15.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync