Tennis player tweets out love for Samsung Galaxy S4... from his iPhone
Look, famous people. I don't think anyone believes you endorse the products you endorse because you believe in them. We know your motivation is fat stacks of cash, preferably high enough to reach the ceiling. But think of endorsements like method acting; if you're going to put us through them at least take it seriously.
Case in point, tennis player David Ferrer, who Tweeted today about how much the new Galaxy S4 phone's S Health feature was helping his training. That seems like a nice, on point message right? The only problem is Ferrer sent the Tweet from his iPhone.
Twitter user @Jaimenovoa was able to screen cap the Tweet before whoever runs Ferrer's Twitter page had the gaffe taken down. Thankfully Novoa was kind enough to translate the message in another Tweet.
Let this be a lesson to anyone entering the world of social media advertising. Cover your tracks and always Tweet from the device you're shilling for.
@benedictevans tweet says: "I'm so happy with my new Galaxy S4, setting up S Health to help me with my training". Two hashtags, one mention- Jaime Novoa (@jaimenovoa) April 30, 2013
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature