Adobe previews Lightroom for iOS
Adobe's Lightroom product manager Tom Hogarty has shown off an early beta of Lightroom for iOS, according to CNET. Hogarty made the semi-announcement on an episode of The Grid this week. Here's what CNET's Stephen Shankland had to say:
He wouldn't promise when the app would ship or what exactly it would do, but he did demonstrate some features of the prototype software running on an iPad 2. He also offered several details about its features:
• The ability to edit photos taken in RAW photo formats, including Lightroom develop-module parameters like exposure, clarity, shadows, highlights and white balance.
• Cloud-synchronized editing so that changes made on a tablet arrive on the same photo on the PC.
• The ability to zoom all the way to 100 percent for checking photo focus and details.
And without promising anything, he said he'd like to see some of Lightroom's library-module features, like sorting photos into categories or flagging picks and rejects, in the app.
Lightroom is the immensely popular photo management and editing app for OS X and Windows. It's seen as a direct competitor to Apple's Aperture. While Adobe has made small strides into the iOS ecosystem, none of its apps yet offer the pro-level features many photographers want to see on a tablet. Still, just because Adobe previewed a prototype of Lightroom for iOS doesn't mean photographers should get their hopes up. The prototype appeared to be in the very early stages and no release schedule (or pricing) was mentioned.
[Image via Cnet]
Adobe's Lightroom product manager Tom Hogarty has shown off an early beta of Lightroom for iOS, according to CNET. Hogarty made the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7