Yahoo acquires Astrid task manager
The team at Astrid has announced the company has been purchased by Yahoo. Astrid is a popular iOS and Android to-do manager with over 4 million users. In a blog post, Astrid CEO Jon Paris said:
We are thrilled to announce that we have been acquired by Yahoo. When we set out to build Astrid, we sought to help as many people as possible become happier, healthier and more productive. We're really excited to join the mobile team and continue this work with Yahoo's goal of "making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining."
Astrid will continue to work as is for the next three months, but the company is no longer accepting new premium subscriptions.
Yahoo has been on a roll lately with acquisitions and revitalization of its mobile apps. Earlier this year, the company acquired Summly and integrated it into its Yahoo News app. Last month Yahoo released a weather app that has garnered universal praise. There's no word yet on Yahoo's plans for Astrid.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter