T-Mobile sells 500,000 iPhones in less than a month
T-Mobile announced its earnings for the opening quarter of 2013 and confirmed it has sold 500,000 iPhone handsets since it started selling the phone on April 12. That's a half a million iPhones in a little over three weeks, which is very good for a phone that's been on sale for eight months at competing US wireless carriers. We were expecting strong sales as T-Mobile Chief Marketing Officer Mike Sievert hinted that the launch was "gangbusters."
In Q1 2013, T-Mobile also kicked off its Simple Choice cellular plans that drop the contract requirement on the cellular service and offer customers the option to pay for their phone outright or through monthly installments. It also launched its 4G LTE network in seven major metropolitan areas. As a result of these initiatives, T-Mobile added 3,000 net branded customers. This is the first time the carrier has reported branded customer growth since Q1 2009.
T-Mobile announced its earnings for the opening quarter of 2013 and confirmed it has sold 500,000 iPhone handsets since it started...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free