Apple ups the promotion for its 50 billion app download contest
Apple last week announced a new contest leading up to the 50 billionth downloaded app. The lucky person who downloads the 50 billionth app will receive a US$10,000 gift card redeemable on the App Store. What's more, Apple will also be awarding $500 App Store gift cards to the folks who download the first 50 apps after the 50 billion threshold has been reached.
Today, Apple boosted awareness for the contest by promoting it on their Apple.com homepage. The homepage currently features a revolving series of photos which aim to illustrate just how big the 50 billion mark is.
For instance, the photo above of the Great Wall Of China is accompanied with the tagline, "With 50 billion bricks, you could build 12 Great Walls of China."
Other photos include a snapshot of Earth, accompanied with the tagline, "With 50 billion steps, you could walk around the Earth more than 800 times." There is also a photo which notes that "counting to 50 billion would take you 1,600 years."
As it stands now, the countdown meter on Apple's website says we're at the 49.6 billion download mark.
Apple last week announced a new contest leading up to the 50 billionth downloaded app. The lucky person who downloads the 50 billionth...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free