Facebook for iOS updated with enhanced photo options
Facebook today updated its iOS app to version 6.1. Overall, the update is rather minor but it does add some welcome enhancements to the way photos are handled within the app.
Under the previous version of the Facebook app, users were only able to comment, like or tag a photo. With the new update, however, users can now make a photo their profile picture with a single tap. Even more exciting is that users can now share photos they stumble across on their own timeline or on the timeline of friends. Other additions to the update include improved places editing when checking in on the iPhone and faster loading of events.
Here's a quick run through.
Here's how photos showed up in the previous version of Facebook.
Not much you can do here, aside from like, comment or tag.
But with Facebook 6.1 up and running, here's how photos now appear.
When you select the three dots above, the following screen appears.
Finally! More photo options. From here, users can share photos from their iOS device as easily as they can on the desktop.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)