Groupon launches mobile payments iPad app to challenge Square
Groupon has launched a new iPad app called Groupon POS (perhaps not the best name) in an attempt to enter the iPad mobile payments arena and take on current leader Square. As of the time of this writing, Groupon has not made an official anouncement, but the app is now live in the App Store. Here are the deets from the app's description:
A beautiful and simple way to manage your business and accept payments at the lowest rates available today.
Set up your offerings in seconds, quickly check out customers and view real-time analytics. Start running your business more effectively.
Groupon POS works also works with an optional cash drawer and printer to automate and simplify your point of sale.
Groupon POS works for a wide variety of merchants from cafes and delis, to salons, spas and florists.
9to5Mac points out that Groupon POS appears to be a scaled-down version of the Breadcrumb POS app Groupon acquired last year. Groupon already offers another mobile payments app called Groupon Merchants for the iPhone.
Update: The app has disappeared from the App Store. Looks like it was released prematurely.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter