Google Play Game Services services to support iOS
This morning at Google I/O the company announced that Google Play is coming to iOS. No, not the Android store, but Google Play Game Services -- a new group of application programming interfaces (APIs) the company is releasing to developers today. The APIs allows gamers to pick up their games across platforms, meaning if someone is playing a game on an Android phone and it dies, their game state is uploaded to the cloud allowing them to pick up where they left off on an iPhone.
In addition to cloud save, the new API includes support for achievements and leaderboards. These features will also be worked into its Google+ social network, allowing players to compare stats with their friends. In addition Google+ users will be able to use their Circles in the social network to find friends for online gaming.
You can watch the announcement below.
This morning at Google I/O the company announced that Google Play is coming to iOS. No, not the Android store, but Google Play Game...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free