Microsoft's new ad slams Siri hard
Microsoft has released a new ad featuring the Windows 8 ASUS VivoTab Smart tablet and an iPad. The commercial slams the iPad pretty hard by picking and choosing examples of things the iPad can't do that Windows 8 tablet can, like live updating of tile apps, its inability to use multiple apps at once, and lack of Microsoft PowerPoint support. The kicker here is that the ad is narrated by actual responses from Siri. The ad ends with Siri asking, "Should we just play chopsticks?" –– poking fun at a previous iPad mini commercial.
Windows 8 has received significant criticism for its elimination of the Start button and there are strong reports that Microsoft is looking to redesign the OS in a hurry to stop plummeting PC sales.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update