Microsoft's new ad slams Siri hard
Microsoft has released a new ad featuring the Windows 8 ASUS VivoTab Smart tablet and an iPad. The commercial slams the iPad pretty hard by picking and choosing examples of things the iPad can't do that Windows 8 tablet can, like live updating of tile apps, its inability to use multiple apps at once, and lack of Microsoft PowerPoint support. The kicker here is that the ad is narrated by actual responses from Siri. The ad ends with Siri asking, "Should we just play chopsticks?" –– poking fun at a previous iPad mini commercial.
Windows 8 has received significant criticism for its elimination of the Start button and there are strong reports that Microsoft is looking to redesign the OS in a hurry to stop plummeting PC sales.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature