Skycore uses MMS to send Passbook passes
Passbook users rejoice, as life is about to get a little easier. Skycore has announced support for cross-carrier delivery of Passbook passes via MMS. That means in the near future you will be able to send friends and family tickets, coupons and gift cards via a simple text message, and have them installed in Passbook on their phones. The MMS message arrives showing an image, which the receiver simply has to tap on to install the pass.
Services for pass creators include the ability to monitor MMS delivery receipts and to confirm that passes have been installed. If the recipient of the MMS doesn't have an iPhone, the service automatically detects what phone they do use and offers an alternative for their operating system.
Skycore CEO Rich Eicher explained the move to MarketWire.
Skycore MMS passes are be available for Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon subscribers.
A number of clients expressed concerns about relying on just their apps to deliver passes, especially for tickets, coupons, gift cards and IDs. While mobile-optimized email is a good option, MMS is ideal because the recipient instantly knows when they've received it, and they don't need to open their email client to find the pass.
Passbook users rejoice, as life is about to get a little easier. Skycore has announced support for cross-carrier delivery of Passbook...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free