Blockbuster 2.0 rebuilt with physical media rentals in mind
The new Blockbuster 2.0 iOS app (free, universal) is a throwback to the days of old. Specifically, the app is targeted to Blockbuster by Mail users, which allows people to rent DVDs and Blu-rays by post. When introducing the app in a press release, the company said, "Millions of movie watchers prefer the DVD and Blu-ray experience, and now Blockbuster customers can use their mobile device for added convenience and control over their entertainment experience."
The resulting app lets those users browse Blockbuster's 100,000-plus physical titles from the comfort of their smartphone, prioritize and organize those titles in their queue, view trailers and manage their Blockbuster in-store membership. And so you don't think Blockbuster is entirely holding on to the past, the company this month released another app, Blockbuster On Demand, that allows users to stream movies right to their iOS device.
Blockbuster is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV