Drawing app hides tethering mode, gets removed by Apple
A drawing app with a hidden mode that unlocks iPhone tethering has been removed from the App Store by Apple. The hidden tethering mode in an app called Little Artist Canvas was first discovered last night, followed by the app's swift removal.
The US$0.99 app purported to be (and did function as) a simple drawing app. But the real power of the app, of course, came from its ability to let users tether their iPhone without paying an additional fee to your carrier.
For those interested in how the app allowed tethering, check out this video here. Little Artist Canvas wasn't the first app to hide tethering unlock abilities inside it. Previously a flashlight app made it onto the App Store that allowed the same functionality. That app too was quickly removed by Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync