Apple's Movie Trailers app adds Fandango ticket purchasing
Apple has released a new update for its Movie Trailers app. The update brings a number of features that are sure to please movie fans. Users are now able to purchase movie tickets in the app, with purchases routed through Fandango. Apple enabled ticket purchasing through Siri and Fandango earlier this year, so this is a welcome addition.
Playback on the app has also been improved. Now when selecting a trailer, you can choose between SD and HD video playback. For viewers who switch between their data plan and WiFi networks regularly when using their phones for streaming, this is a nice feature. Sometimes you want to watch a trailer but the connection just isn't there for full HD. In addition, the speed in which a video begins playing has been improved, along with the standard "additional improvements" that come with every app update. You can find the updated Movie Trailers app in the App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter