AT&T rolls out expanded 4G LTE coverage to 16 US markets
AT&T customers scattered around the US have something to be happy about today -- 4G LTE coverage was just switched on several market areas. The company announced that the following markets can now access the 4G LTE network with their iPhone 5s, LTE-compatible iPads or iPad minis and other compatible smartphones:
- Asheville, N.C.
- Casa Grande, Ariz.
- Culpepper, Va.
- Dover, Del.
- Fredericksburg, Va.
- Goldsboro, N.C.
- Leonardtown, Md.
- Linglestown, Pa.
- Longview, Wash.
- Ocean City, Md.
- Port Townsend-North Whidbey Island-Camano Island, Wash.
- Prince Frederick and Calvert County, Md.
- Roanoke, Va.
- Salem, Ore.
- Schenectady, N.Y.
- Shelton, Wash.
AT&T plans to extend LTE to a total of 79 new markets by the start of summer, which is just a scant three weeks away. LTE is up to 10 times faster than the company's 3G data network, and TUAW editor Dave Caolo is anxiously awaiting its arrival on Cape Cod so he can rely less on slow WiFi service when he's having his car worked on. Soon, Dave, soon...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration