Trade panel to look at split ruling in Apple/Samsung patent battle
The International Trade Commission has announced it will take a look at a split ruling made by one of the judges in the long-running Apple/Samsung patent battle, according to Reuters. Specifically, the ITC will review a ruling that found Samsung had infringed on Apple's text-selection process in iOS. It will also look into a decision that ruled that Samsung did not infringe on an Apple patent related to external microphone detection. A new ruling could have important significance to Apple as the ITC has the power to ban importation of products into a country if that product is found to infringe on another company's patents. Reuters says a final decision is due August 1.
The International Trade Commission has announced it will take a look at a split ruling made by one of the judges in the long-running...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs