Trade panel to look at split ruling in Apple/Samsung patent battle
The International Trade Commission has announced it will take a look at a split ruling made by one of the judges in the long-running Apple/Samsung patent battle, according to Reuters. Specifically, the ITC will review a ruling that found Samsung had infringed on Apple's text-selection process in iOS. It will also look into a decision that ruled that Samsung did not infringe on an Apple patent related to external microphone detection. A new ruling could have important significance to Apple as the ITC has the power to ban importation of products into a country if that product is found to infringe on another company's patents. Reuters says a final decision is due August 1.
The International Trade Commission has announced it will take a look at a split ruling made by one of the judges in the long-running...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free