Nuance a "fundamental provider" to Siri
Rumors have long suggested Apple is working with Nuance on the voice recognition technology that powers Siri, but neither company has confirmed this partnership until now. Speaking during AllThingsD's D11 conference, Nuance CEO Paul Ricci officially confirmed that his company is a "fundamental provider" for Siri.
Ricci didn't provide any details on what it means to be a "fundamental provider," but at least we now know for certain that the two companies are collaborating on Siri. You can listen to Ricci's entire interview on AllThingsD's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync