Nuance a "fundamental provider" to Siri
Rumors have long suggested Apple is working with Nuance on the voice recognition technology that powers Siri, but neither company has confirmed this partnership until now. Speaking during AllThingsD's D11 conference, Nuance CEO Paul Ricci officially confirmed that his company is a "fundamental provider" for Siri.
Ricci didn't provide any details on what it means to be a "fundamental provider," but at least we now know for certain that the two companies are collaborating on Siri. You can listen to Ricci's entire interview on AllThingsD's website.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter