Nuance a "fundamental provider" to Siri
Rumors have long suggested Apple is working with Nuance on the voice recognition technology that powers Siri, but neither company has confirmed this partnership until now. Speaking during AllThingsD's D11 conference, Nuance CEO Paul Ricci officially confirmed that his company is a "fundamental provider" for Siri.
Ricci didn't provide any details on what it means to be a "fundamental provider," but at least we now know for certain that the two companies are collaborating on Siri. You can listen to Ricci's entire interview on AllThingsD's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration