Bill Nye the Science Guy to give a talk at WWDC 2013
If you were lucky enough to score tickets to WWDC during the 3-minute time frame in which tickets were available, Apple has an interesting session you might want to check out on June 14.
Headlining his own session next Friday at noon will be none other than Bill Nye the Science Guy. Nye, well-known for his PBS Television show from the 90's, will be discussing what type of design changes Apple might implement in iOS 8.
In all seriousness, Nye will be talking about, what else, science!
The Bill Nye the Science Guy show is celebrating its 20th Anniversary. The Science Guy himself will describe the remarkable chain of events that led to his understanding of the process of science, the need to engage young people and the power and joy of knowing our place among the stars, our place in space. We've had 20 years of the Science Guy; today, there's an app for that...
This, of course, isn't the first time Apple has tapped a well-known figure in pop culture to make an appearance at WWDC. During WWDC 2012, for example, Apple held three WWDC talks featuring LeVar Burton (of Reading Rainbow and Star Trek fame), J.J. Abrams (of Lost and, well, Star Trek fame) and William Joyce.
Lastly, here's an interesting factoid about Nye -- he studied mechanical engineering at Cornell where one of his professors was none other than Carl Sagan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options