Bill Nye the Science Guy to give a talk at WWDC 2013
If you were lucky enough to score tickets to WWDC during the 3-minute time frame in which tickets were available, Apple has an interesting session you might want to check out on June 14.
Headlining his own session next Friday at noon will be none other than Bill Nye the Science Guy. Nye, well-known for his PBS Television show from the 90's, will be discussing what type of design changes Apple might implement in iOS 8.
In all seriousness, Nye will be talking about, what else, science!
The Bill Nye the Science Guy show is celebrating its 20th Anniversary. The Science Guy himself will describe the remarkable chain of events that led to his understanding of the process of science, the need to engage young people and the power and joy of knowing our place among the stars, our place in space. We've had 20 years of the Science Guy; today, there's an app for that...
This, of course, isn't the first time Apple has tapped a well-known figure in pop culture to make an appearance at WWDC. During WWDC 2012, for example, Apple held three WWDC talks featuring LeVar Burton (of Reading Rainbow and Star Trek fame), J.J. Abrams (of Lost and, well, Star Trek fame) and William Joyce.
Lastly, here's an interesting factoid about Nye -- he studied mechanical engineering at Cornell where one of his professors was none other than Carl Sagan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync