British Airways adds Passbook ticketing support
International UK airline British Airways has added Passbook support to its iOS app, as promised late last year. In the release notes, the airline says, "From now on, all new boarding passes will be presented in Passbook. You'll be able to download them from the app as usual and continue to use boarding passes on your iPhone in over 100 airports worldwide."
The airline expects to enhance Passbook boarding passes by adding direct links to the iPhone's lock screen by mid-June.
Passbook has seen modest success in the United States and support has been slow to catch on in Europe. But things seem to be improving on this side of the pond as the addition of Passbook support from British Airways comes just five weeks after easyJet, the number one European airline by passengers carried, added support for Passbook.
British Airways is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter