BMW: Siri Eyes Free in all 2014 models
BMW has announced that all of its 2014 models will be getting an update bringing the Siri "Eyes Free" mode to it ConnectedDrive internet service. The mode will allow users to talk to Siri via their iPhone without having to actually look at their phone.
Honda started offering Siri Eyes Free on select models earlier this year.
With the latest update to BMW iDrive, both Apple Siri and Samsung S Voice can be accessed through the vehicle's voice command controls. With a paired device, pressing and holding the steering wheel voice command button will engage the device's voice access. Pressing the steering wheel voice button without holding it will continue to access the vehicle's voice command functions.
The BMW voice command system itself has been enhanced to now include visual voice command suggestions. Once activated a banner across the top of the display offers prompts for when to speak and provides suggestions for what to say. The suggestions are tailored to the individual menu or function that the driver wishes to access.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter