Hulu Plus for iPad gets a major overhaul
TV junkies should be rejoicing this morning -- Hulu Plus for iPad, the go-to app for streaming current TV shows, has been updated to version 3.0, bringing along a pile of new features.
The Hulu app page in the App Store says that there have been "hundreds of internal optimizations," but the entire app has also been redesigned from the ground up to ease discovery of new shows. Some of the improvements include:
- Videos can now be minimized during playback by tapping the minimize icon or using the pinch gesture. When minimized, the video continues to play while you browse through the rest of the app.
- To see what an episode, show or season is all about, just tap on its image to view the new discovery panel. Double-tapping an image lets you begin watching a show immediately.
- Hulu Plus for iPad now includes curated collections of shows, clips and movies
- Short-form content and clips can be watch inline with just a tap
As with the previous versions, users need a Hulu Plus paid subscription to take advantage of the app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station