AT&T extends iPhone upgrade period to two years
AT&T is extending mobile phone upgrade periods from 20 months to a full two years, according to Engadget. The news was obtained from a corporate memo leaked to the site. Previously, smartphone owners could upgrade their contract phones after 20 months, but now those owners will need to wait a full two years to upgrade phones bought on a contract.
The move by AT&T follows a similar one by Verizon a few months ago. The new upgrade period goes into effect immediately for all new contract subscribers and also for all current subscribers whose terms finish in March or later.
AT&T is extending mobile phone upgrade periods from 20 months to a full two years, according to Engadget. The news was obtained from...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free