AT&T extends iPhone upgrade period to two years
AT&T is extending mobile phone upgrade periods from 20 months to a full two years, according to Engadget. The news was obtained from a corporate memo leaked to the site. Previously, smartphone owners could upgrade their contract phones after 20 months, but now those owners will need to wait a full two years to upgrade phones bought on a contract.
The move by AT&T follows a similar one by Verizon a few months ago. The new upgrade period goes into effect immediately for all new contract subscribers and also for all current subscribers whose terms finish in March or later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync