Control Center finally brings quick toggles to iOS
OK, Apple, you got me.
"It's iOS 7," I groused to our newsroom after Craig Federighi ran through the changes in Notifications. "Can we please get quick toggles for bloody WiFi, Airplane mode, etc.?"
And the next thing out of Federighi's mouth was the new Control Center.
Let's be real, this is a feature that should have been a part of iOS at least five versions ago. But, I'm glad it's here now, and it is gorgeous. Control Center can be accessed from anywhere on the iPhone with quick access to basic settings like Airplane mode, WiFi, Bluetooth and Do Not Disturb, as well as orientation, brightness toggle, media control, AirPlay, AirDrop and apps. There's even a flashlight. It's gorgeous, it's much-welcomed and it's so far my favorite feature in iOS 7.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app