John McCain applauds Tim Cook for automatic app updates in iOS 7
Back in May, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Apple CEO Tim Cook, after grilling him on Apple's tax practices, why he constantly finds himself needing to update the apps on his iPhone.
"What I really wanted to ask," said McCain in a lighthearted moment, "is why the hell do I have to keep updating apps on my iPhone all the time?"
Cook smiled politely and responded, "We're trying to make things better all the time."
Now I'm guessing that McCain was far too busy handling more important matters than keeping up with the latest developments from Apple's WWDC keynote, but he did manage to get wind of one of the one upcoming features in iOS 7.
In a tweet sent out on Monday afternoon, McCain said:
So now the waiting game begins -- will Tim Cook sign up for Twitter and give it a re-tweet?
Back in May, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Apple CEO Tim Cook, after grilling him on Apple's tax practices, why he constantly finds...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free