John McCain applauds Tim Cook for automatic app updates in iOS 7
Back in May, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Apple CEO Tim Cook, after grilling him on Apple's tax practices, why he constantly finds himself needing to update the apps on his iPhone.
"What I really wanted to ask," said McCain in a lighthearted moment, "is why the hell do I have to keep updating apps on my iPhone all the time?"
Cook smiled politely and responded, "We're trying to make things better all the time."
Now I'm guessing that McCain was far too busy handling more important matters than keeping up with the latest developments from Apple's WWDC keynote, but he did manage to get wind of one of the one upcoming features in iOS 7.
In a tweet sent out on Monday afternoon, McCain said:
So now the waiting game begins -- will Tim Cook sign up for Twitter and give it a re-tweet?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration