PRISM got you worried? Seecrypt app promises secure calls and texts
Want to hide your data from the prying eyes of the US government and its information-gathering program PRISM? A team of South African developers may have an encrypted-communications solution for iOS that'll let you call and text in complete privacy.
As noticed by the Daily Caller, the Seecrypt group recently updated the Seecrypt app which lets you "make and receive unlimited, secure voice calls and text messages between Seecrypt Mobile-enabled devices, anywhere in the world." It works over any carrier's data network and uses end-to-end, military-grade encryption to protect all your VoIP calls and text messages. Because all the calls and texts are transmitted as an encrypted data stream, any snooping programs will only know that you sent some data and cannot detect when or how long you made a call or exchanged messages.
[Via The Daily Caller]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options