PRISM got you worried? Seecrypt app promises secure calls and texts
Want to hide your data from the prying eyes of the US government and its information-gathering program PRISM? A team of South African developers may have an encrypted-communications solution for iOS that'll let you call and text in complete privacy.
As noticed by the Daily Caller, the Seecrypt group recently updated the Seecrypt app which lets you "make and receive unlimited, secure voice calls and text messages between Seecrypt Mobile-enabled devices, anywhere in the world." It works over any carrier's data network and uses end-to-end, military-grade encryption to protect all your VoIP calls and text messages. Because all the calls and texts are transmitted as an encrypted data stream, any snooping programs will only know that you sent some data and cannot detect when or how long you made a call or exchanged messages.
[Via The Daily Caller]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature