Video: London resturant delivers food via iPad-controlled quadrocopter
A restaurant here in London is delivering its customers' food orders in a unique way: via an iPad-controlled quadrocopter. The Yo! Sushi restaurant in Soho is promoting its new sushi burgers by delivering them to diners' tables via the "iTray" -- a quadrocopter fitted with a tray for the food, controlled by an iPad.
If you've eaten at a Yo! Sushi before, you know that the company likes innovative ways of delivering its food. Its restaurants currently feature conveyor belts where diners can lift the items they want as they crawl past their tables.
While I give the company props for finding a creative techie way to promote its new menu item, I'm not sure if you can call something that uses fish as the main ingredient a "burger."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options