ITV introduces ITV Player Premium subscription for iOS
The UK's ITV has announced that is is offering an ad-free ITV Player Premium subscription for iOS users for £3.99 a month. The current ITV Player app allows users to catch up on on-demand TV shows for up to thirty days after that air, but these shows have ads. Now ITV is hoping to profit from people who like their TV shows sans-ads. From the press release announcing the new subscription service:
The new ITV Player app for Apple devices introduces a premium upgrade, which allows viewers to watch the last thirty days of ITV's catch up content across ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV without advertising, as well as live simulcast of ITV3 and ITV4 via wifi and 3G. The upgrade costs £3.99 per month.
ITV's catch up content with ads and live simulcast of ITV's flagship channel and ITV2 remain part of the ITV Player app for free. When users update the application on their iPhone, iPad or iTouch, they will be given the option to subscribe to ITV Player Premium to receive access to the ad-free content and additional live channels.
ITV Player for iOS is a free download from the UK App Store.
The UK's ITV has announced that is is offering an ad-free ITV Player Premium subscription for iOS users for £3.99 a month. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free