MTV launches new iOS app with on-demand video for full shows
MTV is trying to lure younger viewers, so parent company Viacom has just added a new on-demand MTV app for the cable channel's offerings.
The app delivers complete episodes of all those highly rated, well-known shows like Teen Mom, Teen Wolf and Awkward. There's also a way to use your iOS device as a second screen for extra added features, and the app makes it easier for you to share your breathless thoughts on whether or not Stiles should be bitten and turned into a werewolf (whatever that means...).
Of course, there's something for everyone in the new app. Love those "iconic retro" MTV shows like Beavis and Butthead or Laguna Beach? Yep, you can watch 'em on the small screen now.
Viacom merged two previous apps -- MTV WatchWith and VH1 Co-Star -- into the new MTV app. The social features allow users to add their Twitter and Facebook accounts (including Chat). There's a gotcha, though -- you must sign in with your current MTV cable provider. While those providers include AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cablevision (Optimum), DIRECTV, Hawaiian Telecom, RCN, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS, one huge cable provider isn't on the list -- Comcast.
That's it -- I'm calling Comcast and demanding "I want my MTV!"
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter