Yahoo! acquires GhostBird Software, apps pulled from App Store
GhostBird Software is known for its KitCam camera app and PhotoForge, an image editing app that first hit the App Store in 2009. Late Wednesday afternoon, the Canadian company announced that it is closing its doors and joining the Flickr team at Yahoo!
GhostBird's website is now just a placeholder with only the acquisition announcement gracing its front page. The company also pulled its two apps from the App Store. Customers with the apps installed on their iOS device will be able to keep using the current versions, while those who purchased the apps can redownload them through iCloud. The apps are no longer available to download through the App Store and will not be updated beyond their current versions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options