FX Photo Studio for iPhone reaches 10 million downloads; special deal for Mac version
We're used to hearing about the huge numbers of downloads that are produced by the App Store, but it's rare when TUAW gets news about a specific app. MacPhun, the company that develops FX Photo Studio and a host of other iOS and Mac apps, recently decided to make FX Photo Studio for iPhone a free download after selling the app for US$1.99 for four years. The goal? To see if they could reach 10,000,000 downloads of the app. They were able to do so in 45 days, an incredible feat for any app, but surprising for an app that has been around since May of 2009.
To celebrate, MacPhun came up with a unique deal: Every third person who sends a confirmation that they own FX Photo Studio for iPhone and iPad (two separate apps) gets the $19.99 FX Photo Studio Pro for Mac absolutely free. Send screenshots showing your proof of ownership of those two apps to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you've got a one in three chance of picking up a Mac app for free.
Congratulations to MacPhun on achieving the download goal!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs