FX Photo Studio for iPhone reaches 10 million downloads; special deal for Mac version
We're used to hearing about the huge numbers of downloads that are produced by the App Store, but it's rare when TUAW gets news about a specific app. MacPhun, the company that develops FX Photo Studio and a host of other iOS and Mac apps, recently decided to make FX Photo Studio for iPhone a free download after selling the app for US$1.99 for four years. The goal? To see if they could reach 10,000,000 downloads of the app. They were able to do so in 45 days, an incredible feat for any app, but surprising for an app that has been around since May of 2009.
To celebrate, MacPhun came up with a unique deal: Every third person who sends a confirmation that they own FX Photo Studio for iPhone and iPad (two separate apps) gets the $19.99 FX Photo Studio Pro for Mac absolutely free. Send screenshots showing your proof of ownership of those two apps to email@example.com, and you've got a one in three chance of picking up a Mac app for free.
Congratulations to MacPhun on achieving the download goal!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)