iOS 7 video zoom feature demo
Have you ever wanted to throw your iPhone or iPad to the ground in frustration while capturing video because the built-in app couldn't zoom in on a detail? One of the features announced for iOS 7 during Monday's keynote was a video zoom control. TUAW received a short video from an unnamed developer that shows the feature in action.
Third-party apps have had video zooming for some time now, but some of them require post-processing of the video and none are built into the lock screen for instant video capture. The video capture function appears to zoom in to about 2x or 3x, and the video is saved immediately to your device photo library for sharing and viewing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options