Twitter heat map shows iPhones dominate affluent areas
Mapping software company MapBox has created an incredible interactive map that highlights the devices that are used with Twitter across the world. The map looks at over 280 million tweets sent from iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerry devices and more, and plots all of that data by geographic location.
As one might expect, the wealthier, more affluent countries have the most tweets sent from iPhones, while those in poorer countries typically use lower-cost mobile phones from BlackBerry and a few Android handsets.
The map is a fascinating look at the prevalence of tweeting around the world and yet it is still only a fraction of all the tweets sent in a single day. The data was compiled with help from technology from GNIP.
Mapping software company MapBox has created an incredible interactive map that highlights the devices that are used with Twitter across...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs