Twitter heat map shows iPhones dominate affluent areas
Mapping software company MapBox has created an incredible interactive map that highlights the devices that are used with Twitter across the world. The map looks at over 280 million tweets sent from iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerry devices and more, and plots all of that data by geographic location.
As one might expect, the wealthier, more affluent countries have the most tweets sent from iPhones, while those in poorer countries typically use lower-cost mobile phones from BlackBerry and a few Android handsets.
The map is a fascinating look at the prevalence of tweeting around the world and yet it is still only a fraction of all the tweets sent in a single day. The data was compiled with help from technology from GNIP.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter