YouTube iOS app updated with suggestion overlays
An update to the YouTube app introduces in-video suggestions about what to watch next. The banner ads are super-imposed over the video you're watching. The suggestion can be dismissed by tapping an "X" that appears next to the text. Google calls this InVideo Programming, and it is pretty easy for content creators to access.
The feature first appeared on YouTube last year. The suggestions are triggered by video producers to allow them to get viewers to explore other clips from the same source.
This latest version of YouTube also features closed captions for live streams and the usual stability improvements.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync