YouTube iOS app updated with suggestion overlays
An update to the YouTube app introduces in-video suggestions about what to watch next. The banner ads are super-imposed over the video you're watching. The suggestion can be dismissed by tapping an "X" that appears next to the text. Google calls this InVideo Programming, and it is pretty easy for content creators to access.
The feature first appeared on YouTube last year. The suggestions are triggered by video producers to allow them to get viewers to explore other clips from the same source.
This latest version of YouTube also features closed captions for live streams and the usual stability improvements.
An update to the YouTube app introduces in-video suggestions about what to watch next. The banner ads are super-imposed over the video...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update