YouTube iOS app updated with suggestion overlays
An update to the YouTube app introduces in-video suggestions about what to watch next. The banner ads are super-imposed over the video you're watching. The suggestion can be dismissed by tapping an "X" that appears next to the text. Google calls this InVideo Programming, and it is pretty easy for content creators to access.
The feature first appeared on YouTube last year. The suggestions are triggered by video producers to allow them to get viewers to explore other clips from the same source.
This latest version of YouTube also features closed captions for live streams and the usual stability improvements.
An update to the YouTube app introduces in-video suggestions about what to watch next. The banner ads are super-imposed over the video...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs