iPad mini finally goes on sale in Brazil tomorrow, June 25
According to MacworldBrasil, the iPad mini will finally go on sale in Brazil tomorrow, June 25. That's eight months after the iPad mini debuted. Brazil is an important market to Apple, in addition to Russia, China and India.
Brazilian retailers FNAC and Saraiva each published the June 25 release date on their respective websites. There's no word on pricing for the iPad mini in Brazil yet, where Apple products are often costly due to import taxes. It's notable, however, that Apple has worked with Foxconn to open a factory in Brazil, which is now operational. If it's handling the iPad mini, prices could be lower than anticipated.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options