iPad mini finally goes on sale in Brazil tomorrow, June 25
According to MacworldBrasil, the iPad mini will finally go on sale in Brazil tomorrow, June 25. That's eight months after the iPad mini debuted. Brazil is an important market to Apple, in addition to Russia, China and India.
Brazilian retailers FNAC and Saraiva each published the June 25 release date on their respective websites. There's no word on pricing for the iPad mini in Brazil yet, where Apple products are often costly due to import taxes. It's notable, however, that Apple has worked with Foxconn to open a factory in Brazil, which is now operational. If it's handling the iPad mini, prices could be lower than anticipated.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter